Billy Bunkie The Science Junkie

Theoretical science, existential spirituality, sprinkled with elements of sociology, anthropology, transhumanism, and funk. [The technical explanation of funk is 'having major skill']

Friday, November 02, 2007


Few understand that this is my life, and apparently the life of Dr. XKCD too.

It drives the spirits around me NUTS. They're making dynamic value judgements for their partner humans, modifying their reaction times and social behavior frenetically, and I'm sitting there playing in my mind. They flip out and don't recognize that I am a peaceful man, as peaceful as many other 130< IQers.

I also do this socially. What if that chick over there comments that I'm ugly? I'll throw the postal scale at her and flip behind that stamp machine... ... heh. No, it plays a little differently in the social worlds but it's a good game most of the time, except between players where there is little to gain from a perceived 'great' victory. A douchebag you work with is not most likely going to flip over to the good side all at once. I'd rather be without them than refine a pile of filthy coal into a diamond. It's like trying to spruce up Microsoft.

So spirits out there, recognize that people do this kind of market gaming continually, at least the intelligent ones do. The ones on the top half of society who are gaming while waiting for the rest of the world to catch up with them. That is not arrogance. It is simply a matter of having a series of extra cycles waiting for the others.

Also, I want a series of powerful world-affecting spirit-tools. Give me a very large diamond of ++ energy that does not defile into +-, possibly by refreshing checks of 8<9, 11<12, 12<13. Give me a quantum that can selectively filter any energy put into it into the system of probabilities or any math function I'd like, and some toys. Maybe a lambda function [1<2<3<4<5...].

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is so much more science. don't you drop that bomb.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Gaby de Wilde said...

excellent cartography.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home